Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weekend



Hi Everyone,
My mom is doing well today. Her platelet count is back up above where they need her to be, at 16. They're very happy with that! She feels fine and looks good. Julie's cutting her hair right now. She hasn't lost any of her hair yet, but since she's sitting in the hospital bed all day, she thought it would be easier to have it shorter.

I guess this is normal when you're going through treatment, but it seems like she's always battling either a fever or high blood pressure. The good thing is they have medicine for everything and can always get them back to normal.

My dad's here for the weekend, like always, and Amy and Brian came to visit last night. Carl (Mary's brother) and Dottie also visited last night. Mom said the day went by so fast! Now Cory and I (Suzanne) are here to hang out for the day and Julie is here til tomorrow. We're also expecting a visit today from Bonnie & Larry (my parents' friends), and Joe (Mary's brother), Cheryl, and Sarah.

We ask for you to pray for restful sleep at night, for no infections, and for good news from the test on Monday. Thank you all so much. My mom appreciates all your notes, cards, and most of all, your prayers!

6 comments:

  1. Karen Fararre LindquistSeptember 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM

    Mary, so glad that you are starting to feel better. I will continue to pray for you and your family at this trying time in your life. I as well felt the pain that you and all your family members are feeling, since I went through the same things with my Dad when he was fighting lung cancer. We all feel helpless and we try to be strong and supportive as your family is doing for you. I know that you are a strong person and that with Gods help you will also win this battle with such a terrible disease. My Dad won his battle with cancer but the Lord took him in a different way. Stay strong and know that you are in very capable hands and I'm sure that He won't let you down. Take care of yourself and we all will continue our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new "do"!! You are beautiful both inside and out!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you look great! Your hair looks so good! You are just beautiful! It is great to see pictures of you. Thanks Suzanne for the post. It's great to get updates of this journey. Thanks for creating this blog. :) Have a great weekend all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom you look so beautiful! I love you! See you tomorrow!
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary you are such a hottie!!
    It was great seeing you yesterday, even though it was very brief - you really looked great!
    We're keeping the prayers going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, as I was praying for you, this old annointed hymn came to my mind;

    What a friend we have in Jesus,
    all our sins and griefs to bear!
    What a privilege to carry
    everything to God in prayer!
    O what peace we often forfeit,
    O what needless pain we bear,
    all because we do not carry
    everything to God in prayer.

    Have we trials and temptations?
    Is there trouble anywhere?
    We should never be discouraged;
    take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Can we find a friend so faithful
    who will all our sorrows share?
    Jesus knows our every weakness;
    take it to the Lord in prayer.

    Are we weak and heavy laden,
    cumbered with a load of care?
    Precious Savior, still our refuge;
    take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
    Take it to the Lord in prayer!
    In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
    thou wilt find a solace there

    Many times I have had to defend hymns to my children,(they like more modern worship music, and so do I) but I tell them they are the history of our faith. There is a powerful annointing on this song.
    God bless you & keep you!
    Love, Kris Sheedy

    ReplyDelete