Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An Uplifting Day!!

Hi all... Bre again. Today was such a great day. Mary was up here and there last night, but with little pain due to the numbing medication they gave her for her mouth. She ate great all day. She had Platelets this morning and two units of blood throughout the day, which always helps boost her energy. The doctors also visited early in the morning and said that all looks good. They did offer her a pump for her mouth numbing meds. So, instead of an injection, she could push a button to give herself the meds. We said YES and ever since that has been hooked up (around 1pm), she has been doing great.

We had a lot of visitors today. David came up this morning and stayed with us until about 3pm. Greg came around 5pm and then Jeff and Dee Berg and Mike and Teresa Musser came later on this evening. It was a great day of fellowship, prayer, and fun. Yes, Amy, we even walked!

Please pray for restful nights and also no fevers as Mary has been battling a few throughout the day. This causes more blood draws and tests. The fevers are usually more prevalent in the night, so please pray.

From Mary: I greatly appreciate all of my prayer warriors and am not sure what I would do without you. Thank you!

Goodnight all!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Bre for taking such wonderful care of my momma! You're the best! (Better Cory, (You're)....remember, I was a Math teacher for a good reason) Great job on walking and eating! The prayers are still constant.........none of us can stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear how well you are doing! God is walking right beside you. And so are all of us in prayer, spirit, and in person. You are loved! I will be glad to see you on Mon. and Tues. I hope I don't talk your ears off. Love you, and see you soon! Love, Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news, Mary, that the medication is easing the pain. Praise God for doing that for you and working through the doctors. Praying for the fevers to go away and for you to get a good night's rest. I so appreciate the updates from your family - The McWhorter family continues to lift you up in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to hear about your great day, Mary! My reading today was about persistance in prayer. It's the Living Bible and Luke 11:8-10 says "But I'll tell you this - though he won't do it as a friend, if you keep knocking long enough he will get up and give you everything you want - just because of your persistence. And so it is with prayer-
    keep on asking and you will keep on getting; keep on looking and you will keep on finding; knock and the door will be opened. Everyone who asks, receives; all who seek, find; and the door is opened to everyone who knocks."
    Yes, we're knocking like crazy and will continue to storm the heavens. God hears the prayers of the saints!
    Love you much, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great verse, Sue, and thanks for the updates Bre! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing family! Thinking about you, mom, and praying for God to be with you every step of the way. Hope today is another good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Mary
    So Glad to see you are through with your first round of Chemo. I am continuing to pray along with everyone!!! Hang in there!!!
    Mary Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there Mary, hope you are having another good day. Was just reading in my daily study, and it's amazing how applicable He makes things to our lives. It says that one of the expectations that Jesus laid out for his leaders was to "expect to experience pain in the ministry, times when you will weep deeply, and when that happens remember you are blessed. ain is a gift from the Father to cause you to remember that we do not weep as those of this world, without hope because we have an anchor for the soul in Jesus". Thanks for being an anchor, and such a great example to all of us!! -cory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, it was so good to see you. Hope we didn't wear you out. I just want you to know we could see God's glory radiating through you. And it's so beautiful to see the love your family has for you as they care for you.
    The lyrics of this song really sum you up.
    My life is in You, Lord
    My strength is in You, Lord
    My hope is in You , Lord
    in you, it's in You
    I will praise You with all of my life
    I will praise You with all of my strength
    With all of my life
    With all of my strength
    All of my hope is in You.
    Love & prayers, Dee

    ReplyDelete