Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bittersweet...

Hi everyone, it is Bre again. It is my last night to update the blog. I am sad to leave as I love being here, helping Mary, and getting all of the scoop first-hand, but I am so missing my babies (all three) and excited to see their faces.

Today has been another great day. Mary ate great, we walked, and she even got to shower. Ed and Patti came by this morning and stayed with us all day. Ed left around 3pm, but Patti is staying the night. Greg was here again this evening. It is quite a party when all are in the room.

We did receive a slight set back today and need everyone's prayers. For some reason, Mary's body is not accepting the platelets that are going into her every day. The platelets help her blood to clot, so are very important. They are currently testing bloodwork to see if she has any platelet antibodies, which would be causing the rejection. We should have the results in the next 3-5 days. If Mary does have the antibodies, they can order more specifically-matched platelets. Mary does not feel any negative affects from this, but it is important to have them for her own safety.

So, as I sign off, I want to leave you with this. I receive daily devotions in my email and this came across my desk last week... WOW!

As I have grown in my faith, I have learned that prayer does indeed "change things," but it is not God who changes. It is me. There is a wonderful old phrase that gets to the root of what I am saying, "Prayer does not give us what we want, but prayer helps us want what we need." How true that is. You see, prayer is not designed to change or persuade God; it is designed by God to change us!... Peter Annet once said that those who pray persistently are like sailors who have cast anchor on a rock. As they pull on the anchor, they think they are pulling the rock to themselves, but they are really pulling themselves to the rock. This is what persistent prayer does. It pulls us closer to The Rock, God Almighty. And as we move closer to God in prayer, we find that we do not get what we want from God. We get something better. We get what we need. We get what God wants. We find that as we move closer to our Rock, we begin to desire what God desires, so that what we ask for, knock for, and seek after becomes what God so desperately wants to give us.

Lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Bre. What a great word. So true. We will continue to pray for you, Mary - specifically for your body's acceptance of the blood platelets. Have a good day. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete