Sunday, September 13, 2009

Prayer Request

Hi everyone, today my mom specifically asks that we pray for her picc line. This is the line they put in her arm to give her medicine, take blood, and do all sorts of testing. It goes from her arm almost all the way to her heart. It's supposed to stay in her for the entire time she's in treatment but today it started looking like there is a possible infection where it's taped onto her arm.

Please pray that this heals and that my mom doesn't have any infections while she's going through treatment. Also please continue to pray for good news tomorrow from the doctors. We'll know more about what stage the cancer is and how intense the treatment will be because of the stage. She is supposed to start the chemo tomorrow through her picc line, so this is the start to a tough week. We will continue to lean on God for strength and trust in Him throughout the week.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers!

9 comments:

  1. John 10:10...reminds us that even though the theif comes to kill, steal, and destroy...we can know that Jesus came to give us ABUNDANT life! Praying for you and knowing we can rest in Jesus and the promises He gives! I'm still believing! Love you so much!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying hard! The Giertz's love you, Aunt Mary!!
    Love, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our prayers. We were sorry to hear your news, but remain hopeful and pray for God's glory to shine. Thinking of you all!
    God Bless you,
    Love,
    Craig and Keri Carpenter Family
    Mike and Barb Ugolini Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for peace and rest for you Mary!! Please know I am thinking and praying for you and family all the time.
    Love,
    Laurie Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you all day and hoping everything is going well. You are a strong woman and you have a strong family...I know you can beat this! Hope to see you soon!
    Love,
    Laura Mueller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, Adam, Julie, Suzanne and David,

    I want to let you know that all of you are in prayers also. This blog that you have provided for all of us has been a God-send for me. It has helped me stay in touch and be part of her journey. Thank You.

    "Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying everything went well today and the new picc line was a success! our family has been praying for all of yours!

    love,
    the chapmans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary and family,
    Through this hard time my thoughts and prayers are with you. The strength of your family and your willingness to never give up will get you through this. With your family by your side, you guys can fight anything.
    Love,
    Bryanne Callahan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, Adam, Julie, Suzanne & David,

    Your Mom is blessed to have such wonderful and responsible children (young adults!!)
    She needs all of our prayers and support, however, so do you. Your compassion, your love and your caring support is the best any Mom could wish for. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete