Monday, September 28, 2009

Mon. Sept. 28th

Day 14 pm Mary is amazing! Today, I arrived a about 10:30, Amy stayed here till about noon. Greg arrived around 2:00, and David and "Shoe" were here visiting.
She has been up and down and tested and retested today. Cancer sucks! No way around it, but we are fighting!! Platelets were up and platelets were down. She had to have an ultra sound on her right arm today because she had a shooting pain run down it when they tried to take her blood pressure. There is still a small blood clot there, but they are not to worried about it and seem to be sure it will dissolve, it is in a small vain and not a big concern.

We still need to pray that the platelets will stay! And that she will hold on to her blood!

Mary also had a bone marrow draw today. We will be receiving the results of that test tomorrow afternoon sometime. We are not sure when. What this test will tell us is if the leukemia has been put into remission. If in remission, then Mary will be here in the hospital for 2 more weeks to regain her strength and get healthy. Then she can go home for about 3 weeks. After that time she will return to the hospital and receive the stem cell transplant (or bone marrow transplant). Which is not as scary as that sounds, it is all done like a blood transfusion. And she will have about 4-6 weeks hospital time.

The nurses keep commenting how her room looks so nice, and how cheery it looks in here. Mei(may), Mary's nurse today was saying today, what a nice family she has and how they have not let her be alone. Our presence as friends and family is noticeable and I know God sees and hears that too!

I saw this in one of the books that Mary has here in her room, and it was the first page I happened to open to, it read," Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen! "

5 comments:

  1. Mary, Continuing to pray day and night. Those platelets will stay, you will feel stronger, leukemia in remission. Safe travels for Greg, kids and family. God is faithful. Feel His light shine on you.
    Love to you and all, Lynn Rexroade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bre, Adam, Lane, and GraySeptember 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM

    Hey there Momma P, we are all thinking about you this morning. I was going to call at 10am my time to see if they had any results :) but I doubt they do yet, so I will try and be patient. I miss being there with you. The kids miss you. Lane prays for you every day at dinner and bedtime. He is waiting for you to be "all better".

    We love you and will talk to you later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Mary!
    It's been a week since I've seen you and I miss being w/you so much! Lord willing, I'll be there tomorrow.
    Two scriptures to share today: 1 Thes.5:16-18 "Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I've been holding on to this verse because I know Satan wants to steal our joy and we can't allow it!
    My devotion today spoke directly to me about the results you are waiting for today. It's from Joshua 1:9 "Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
    It's so obvious that you're walking thru this trial with this in mind. You've been so strong and I can see God's peace in you!
    I pray that continued peace for you today.
    I love you and will see you soon!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I like the haircut! It looks great on you.

    Just wanted you to know that we're storming heaven for you. I'm posting your story and a request for prayer on my blog tomorrow. I have about 1000 readers so they will be praying for you tomorrow and in the coming days as they read the posts.

    Today I prayed Philippians 4:13 for you: "Mary, can do all things through Christ who strengthens her."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sister,

    I had a great cleansing cry this morning as I listened to this song.

    "It Will Be A Good Day"
    Lyrics by Jon Anderson (Yes)

    Golden forest - golden lake
    Sanctuary - state of grace
    I will find reason - a place to begin
    It will be a good day.

    Beginning is one place I've been before
    Watching the sun rise on the silver shore
    Setting me free again - leading the way
    It will be a good day.

    Sometimes I forget
    How mighty His earth
    Astounding winter skies
    Truth is in birth
    Peace that it brings to me, my naked eyes
    Be a good day

    Make me believe again
    Making me free again
    Making me see again

    Golden mountains - golden seas
    A thousand reasons singing to me
    Alive to His message
    Realizing it all
    Be a good day

    Learning to listen - learning to see
    Learning is power making me free
    Free to believe again in His perfect will
    Giving me good reason
    Giving me good reason!

    Time feels so much closer now
    You are with me, so real

    He made up the heavens
    Clear through the sky
    The making of reason for you and I
    I sing of each season
    Making us feel
    This will be a good day

    Make me believe again
    Making me free again
    Making me see again

    Beautiful sister...I believe!!!
    All my love,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete