Thursday, October 22, 2009

Slowly but surely...

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all the comments. It's so fun for us to read through them all and celebrate with you via a blog :)

I just wanted to let you all know that my mom continues to feel better each day. This morning Sue is with my mom and texted me that they had a good sleep besides the nurse coming in the room. Her platelets were up to 24 last night (which is great), but then fell back this morning to 8 (not bad, but not where we want them). Her levels will continue to be low and they will continue giving her platelets, blood, and whatever else she needs until she's producing them all on her own...enough to go home. Sue also said that mom is sounding stronger and more upbeat. Her blood pressure has been high, so please be praying for that. But overall mom said she's feeling good this morning!

It looks like she could be heading home in about a week to 2 weeks. She'll probably be home for about 3 weeks, then head back to the hospital for the stem cell transplant. Joe, Mary's brother, is going to be her stem cell donor. He's a "perfect match" which mom's doctor was hoping for since Joe is Mary's youngest brother (praise the Lord). Joe will go up to the hospital sometime soon to donate.

Please continue to pray!

8 comments:

  1. So happy to hear of your progress and that you are feeling better. You are in all our prayers.

    The Nautilus Gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Mary,
    WONDERFUL! I am so happy I could do a cartwheel...at my age that is tough. Will keep praying big time....for your return home -healthy, happy and safe.
    Love ya & thrilled for your progress!!!
    Kathy Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good! That is exciting news!! We'll keep praying for complete healing all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, Praying for peace, comfort and strength. God provide strength, strong immune system Mary requires and stablized blood pressure. Praying continually - Love to you, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, words cannot descibe! So excited! God is so good! I so wish I could have been with you this week, but not only have I been crazy busy this week, but got hit with a bad cold last Fri. too. My surgery is tomorrow, so as soon as I can hobble back up to see you I will be there! Or might actually work out good timing wise to see you at home. But, then after all the illness has passed through my house, and we are healthy again, I will come and stay again if they will let me when you are on your last part of all this. I love you and you are in my thoughts and prayers constently. Riley and Patience pray for you every night too. You are loved!
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mary, good morning! Glad you're feeling better, but that means eating and walking today (all 2 miles!). And limit the People's Court to only 1 episode today, okay?! We will see you soon, hope you have a good Friday!

    -Cory

    ReplyDelete
  7. People's Court? Wow!? My vote is definitely for Matlock. Ahhh.. I would watch it everyday, but I wouldn't tune in until the murder was over. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat. Anyway, . . .

    Mary, I got to share with the worship team last night that God had killed all of those cancer cells. You see, the night we found out you had leukemia, I had worship practice. My heart was so heavy, it showed on my face, so I was able to share it with the team, and they have been praying for you ever since. So, last night, we were able to celebrate the good news (some of the team already knew from facebook, but it was sooooo good to share it again!) Now, I totally see why the guy Jesus healed couldn't help but share with everyone how he was healed by the Son of God (even though Jesus told him not to tell anyone). Seriously, how can you keep it in? I've always wondered if Jesus was joking around when He said that. We'll find out someday, and, if not, oh well.

    We are still praying for you. I know you have a bumpy road to travel until you're up and ready to dance, so I will continue to pray. You know, God specializes in blood disorders. :)

    Have a great day - it's a great day to stay inside and stay warm! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I just got caught up on the posts...praise God for His wonderful work! What a beautiful thing it is when God's people pray in unison and know that He hears! This news made my day!

    ReplyDelete