Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday

Hi everyone, thanks for checking in. My mom is still doing pretty well. She finished her 2nd round of chemo yesterday morning, so we're now in the midst of a week's rest. She's not feeling many side effects this round like she felt last time, she's just been pretty tired and has had some nausea. Her blood pressure and temperature have been great today. Amy stayed with her last night into today and Steve (Mary's brother) and Kathy visited her today as well as my dad.

The stem cell transplant coordinator came in to talk with my mom today about what's to come if/when she gets to that stage of the battle. First, we obviously need her to get into remission. This doctor came in to answer any questions and help us know what to expect with the stem cell transplant. We're learning more about it everyday and will post more info on here before my mom gets to that stage (the earliest this could come is in about a month).

For now we are going to focus on getting rid of the cancer. In 1 week (next Monday) they'll take another bone marrow sample to test and see if she's in remission. Does it go without saying that this test is a huge prayer request for her right now? Regardless of whether or not she's in remission at this time, she will be going home for a few weeks after her body recuperates from the chemo. If she is in remission this time, after a few weeks of rest at home, she'll head back to Northwestern for the stem cell transplant.

This battle isn't over. Please continue praying for Mary's strength, for her vitals, for her nausea, and for her to get into remission. Thank you so much for all your support!

7 comments:

  1. Bre, Adam, Lane and GrayOctober 13, 2009 at 9:32 AM

    Hi Momma P. I woke up thinking about you this morning... much like every morning. :) We are so excited to be able to come this next time and bring the kids with because you will be at home. Wow, it brings tears to my eyes just writing it. We long to be there with you every day and it is hard to sit here in PA and wish that we had our own private jet, but we are praying so hard and pouring out as much love as we have to give. We are all anxious for what this next week will bring, as I am sure you are, so I pray this morning for God to bring you peace and rest. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you made it through another round. You did it! One step at a time - that's all you need to do. Praying for another good day for you. The sun is shining today, and the skies are blue. We are still praying you through this. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Provance family - Please know that my thoughts & prayers will be with you during this time. I know that God will shed his light on Mary as he leads her through this journey of faith. God bless you all! Sheldon Pennell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary...
    I am at school and had to go down to the gym to drop something off. Amy's team is practicing, and Madison and Brooklynn were in the hall by the gym, showing off there hula hoop skills (they are pretty good! and, sorry if I misspelled the girls' names!). I thought the image might make you smile.
    Every time I think of you or pray for you, I get a sense of the joy that will be yours and your family's as God's plan for you unfolds. I can't even image how far His glory will reach as He brings you through this.
    Love and peace to you, Nikki Olson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, it was wonderful to spend time with you. I am so glad to be able to stay with you. I will be praying for the next week to be as easy on you as possible! You are always on my mind and in my prayers!
    "Pray, you never stand taller than when you are on your knee's!" That is where we will be!! I love you! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Mary,

    Who is the beautiful angel that stayed with you last night? I happened to notice that the angel I usually sleep with was missing!!! What's up with that?

    Got you in my heart, mind & prayer 24/7 - looking forward to God unleashing His healing army thru brother Joe ASAP!!!

    All my love,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi mary,
    i was so excited when greg called! this is the
    first big hurdle we had to get over!Know that we are praying for you night and day!we know the Lord is faithful to complete this miracle! we love you and can't wait to have our Mary back! love Kathy

    ReplyDelete