Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 10, 2nd Round

Mom has had a decent couple of days. She is still staying active everyday by taking her walks through the hallway. She is experiencing more nausea, but most of it can be controlled by medicine. Unfortunately, this is making it harder for her to eat, plus chemo has affected her taste buds, so food is just blah right now. She has lost some weight, but the doctors say that is normal.
Cousin Kim stayed with her on Monday night and Aunt Patti stayed Tuesday. It is so nice to have so many people willing to help. Thanks again! You are not only helping mom, but us! Today's visitors, Uncle Eddy (via train), and my Aunt Sue and Uncle Jim. My mom told me tonight on the phone that she is so glad to have so many people around her, it makes the time go by faster. She sees so many others in the hospital going through the same thing as she is, and some have nobody! She can't imagine what that would feel like?
I also wanted to thank everyone for the comments on the blog. My mom gets cards daily and smiles with every one. We are so blessed to have all of you, thanks for the little things! All the little comments, letters, cards, gifts, visits, they mean so much!
Glad to say there isn't much else to write about. Days 10-16 were the hardest days for her the last round, so be on your knees praying that she gets through these days as easy as can be. Also that the chemo works so hard that it wipes out all the remaining cancer in her body. We want her in remission after this round..........The next few days are big.........please keep the prayers coming!

3 comments:

  1. Karen Fararre LeRette LindquistOctober 14, 2009 at 10:36 PM

    Mary,glad that this round is going fairly well for you. I read your blog every day to see how you are doing. Your family is what you need right now for all the love and support that they give to you. I know when my Dad was ill he wanted all of us to be with him at all times, said it was lonely without us. So that is what we did.With God's help and your faith in Him I know that you will go home in remission. I truly understand what you are going through, all though I personally never experienced this dreaded disease, I did with my Dad and other members of my family. It's very hard and I commend you for your bravery and your continuance to fight.I will continue to pray for you and your family. Hope you will be able to get some much needed rest so your body can start to heal. Take care and know that you are in very capable hands. HIS hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that the support you have around you, Mary, is a reflection of the person you are? You are so giving, so generous, and full of love. I am so glad that others get a chance to show you that same kind of compassion now. :) We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, throughout the Homecoming festivities in town I came to realize what a mainstay your smile is in our community and I wanted to remind you that you are an inspiration and I thank you for sharing your journey. Your story is very touching in that you already had a strong faith and to watch it grow is uplifting. I'm sorry for the struggle and wish you all the best as you fight to overcome. I never thought of you as a fighter but I believe you will grace through and this will be just one chapter in your book of life and it will no doubt give way to many wonderful things to come. God Bless! Dee Marik

    ReplyDelete