Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Calling All Prayer Warriors

Hello all friends and family.  It is Bre, Adam's wife.  We do not have much information at this time, but were sure that the word would spread fast and wanted to at least let you know as much as possible.  Mary has been feeling sick for the last few weeks.  At first, she was told it was just her allergies and put on medication, which did help.  Then, this past week she was diagnosed with strep and began antibiotics to fight that.  This morning, she headed to Northwestern for her routine appointment.  They ran tests immediately as she was feeling so bad.  We are so sad to report that all tests completed so far show that Mary's cancer has returned.  She was immediately admitted to Northwestern this afternoon and has already started chemo and will get blood and platelets tonight in order to begin her fight.

As you can imagine, we are all trying to gather our thoughts and help Mary put her game face back on.  We need your prayers as our family walks this journey for a 2nd time.  We will again try to keep the blog as updated as possible.  We will also update you as Mary gets her permanent room at Northwestern in order for you to send notes / cards as this was something that meant so much to her the last time.

While you are praying for Mary, please also pray for Suzanne and Cory as they are at the Morris Hospital this evening preparing to welcome their 2nd bundle of joy into the world and make Tenley a big sister.

We are all filled with great joy and great hope and great peace knowing that God, once again in all things, is in complete control.

Until tomorrow...  Love, Bre

11 comments:

  1. We are praying for all of you right now. This is a battle we will fight on our knees. Mary, we love you. Fight hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason wanted me to share these verses with you: Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm." Exodus 14:13-14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be praying for you, as always. Blessings to you and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I will for sure be including you in my daily prayers. Just know I am thinking of you..Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen FararreLindquistApril 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM

    Mary, so sorry to hear that you will be going through this a second time. I will definitely be saying stronger prayers since I have not stopped praying for you even though you were cancer free for a while. Please know that you will be in my thoughts as you and your family start this second journey together. Hugs to you and may God answer our prayers once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I am so sorry to hear this. You all have my Prayers and I will pass this on to my family and friends, you will be in thier prays,,, LOve and sending the Lords Blessing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary and Family, Our prayers are with all of you As you know GOD IS AMAZING so continue trusting in Him as he once again works His miracles. Sorry we did not Know about the beginning of your journey, but know we are with you now..Your family was wonderful to us when we came to Seneca as newbees you welcomed us with open arms..You will be rewarded for all the kindness you have shown..God bless you the Brewick family

      Delete
  7. Lord, I don't always understand your ways. I don't know why my friend has to suffer, but I trust You. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward her. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence. In Jesus's powerful Name. Amen Mary....I'm so sad to hear of the return of your cancer. We know your faith in the Great Physician and the Heavens are now abuzz with prayer!!!! But I am rejoicing in the news of your new grandbaby!!! I don't know if you have a granddaughter or grandson...but either way, they are blessed to have you as their Gramma. Always know how many are lifting their prayers. Hugs to you, dear Mary


    Laurie Pfeifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, you know how much I love you and your family. We all know
    how much Jesus loves you. You are the special person that really
    brought me to Jesus, and you are such an inspiration to me. We can
    and will fight this together! I LOVE YOU!

    Kathy Stuedemann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! You are my inspiration! Love, Jean Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary -
    Just heard the disheartening news of your returning cancer. This truly came as a surprise since when we last met at the jewelry show you looked so well. I continue to follow your blog and at last read, all was positive. I am so sorry you have to endure this struggle again. I believe in your strength, your strong will, and your belief in the power of the lord to override the current setback. You have a very strong support team along with all the prayers and well-wishes to aid in the healing. My sincere hope for your full recovery and a return to feeling wonderful again.
    Love, your cousin,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete