Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow and Christmas Trees!

Hi everyone, it's Bre again. We had another quiet day today filled with lots of sleep. Mary is feeling good. She has slight pain in her mouth and throat, but the meds are working. Keep those prayers coming!

It has been very snowy here in Chicago. Patti (mary's sister-in-law) made it up to be with us. She and I ventured outside for a moment. It was WAY to cold for this girl, but I made it. While we walked back to the hospital, I couldn't help but think how beautiful the snow looked falling all around in giant flakes. Christmas is near. You can feel it in the air. You see the lights, you feel the cold, and see people walking the streets with shopping bags. This year has a different ring for me and I am sure the rest of the Provance family.

As I was packing to come here, I couldn't help but want to bring a little Christmas to Mary. For the past three weeks or so my family has been decorating the outside and inside of our house with lights. Lane is filled with pure joy and excitement at the thought of Santa coming. Graysen just loves all of the lights and Christmas music (any chance to shake her booty). I have also been blessed to be part of Lane's sunday school class for the last few weeks and have been teaching about the birth of Jesus and his birthday celebration, Christmas. However, even with all of that pure innocent joy, it isn't far from my mind that Mary is here fighting for her life. So, I decided last week that I wanted to bring her a special present in my suitcase, a small Christmas tree to brighten her room. I also found a few ornaments, one says Hope and one Grace. I couldn't seem to find "Do Work" or "Overcome". :)

When I came across Grace I honestly wasn't even thinking about God's grace but instead the Grace that Mary has shown during this journey. To be here with her and watch her just fight the fight is amazing. She has taken her assignment from God and has stood tall and done her duty. She is a servant, a beautiful servant. I struggle at times with how God wants me to serve, but sometimes I think that the way that he wants us to serve or is asking us to serve is not always what we have in mind. What happened if we all opened our hearts, closed our minds, and just served no matter what the request?

We are off to sleep... with the glow of our Christmas tree filling the room. XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Bre for sharing. I am in total agreement with you on just serving. Thank you for being there with Mary and meeting her needs, what a blessing you have been to her. Our Saviour is right there with Mary cradling her as she needs and also cheering her on. Mary is obviously the richest person I know. The love that has surrounded her during this time has been awesome to witness. Looking forward to seeing her soon. Blessings on you all. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bre, your update was very uplifting. Give Mary a big hug for me. And we will keep the prayers going.Praise God for His mercy.
    Merry Christmas,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS BRE FOR THIS POST. OUR MARY HAS ALL OUR
    PRAYERS AND SHE IS COVERED BY THE ''BLOOD OF
    JESUS'' AND THE ''FULL ARMOR OF CHRIST''.
    AS I PUT IT ON EACH DAY I PUT IT ON MARY TOO.
    SO GLAD YOU HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE FOR MARY.
    BE BLESSED TODAY AND ALL GOD'S
    FAVOR,MERCY AND GRACE FOR MARY.
    JOANN............

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous post, Bre. I am so glad you brought some Christmas to Mary. :) I agree with you. Mary has shown so much grace as she has traveled this difficult road. I admire her strength, her faith, and her grace. Actually, your whole family has shown so much grace. You are all amazing. Your strength is so beautiful. Merry Christmas Bre and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    I just wanted to share this with you. As I am spending 10 minutes helping my 3rd graders get bundled up for their 15 min. recess, I was thinking about how long Julie and I would spend getting all bundled up to sled in your backyard. I am pretty sure we would spend more time getting bundled up and finding the sleds then time on the hill :) Isn't it funny how kids are? I hope you are resting well today and looking forward to your weekend visitors. I am always thinking of you!!
    Love,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete