Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day of Prayer

Hi everyone, it's Bre! I am grateful to be back with Mary again. It is a blessing.

Today has been a fairly uneventful day. When Mary woke up this morning, her mouth was swollen and sore due to a side affect of the chemo called mucositis. The team was quick to get pain mediciation in her PICC line, which gave her immediate relief. They also got a pump installed so that she could push the button to initiate any additional meds herself. Due to the meds, she slept most of the day, the swelling has gone down, and no sores as of yet. Praise God! We were even able to take a walk this afternoon and I am hoping to get her to eat a little here this evening. Please pray as we want to stop the side affects in their tracks. Thank you! Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Mary, we're praying for you and know that you are very strong. You have a wonderful support group who loves you and wants you home.
    Include us in that group.

    Joyce & Jerry Barla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could bear some of your hurt! I want to come and stay with you so badly, but am so paranoid, I cannot shake the stuffy nose and dry cough. Please know that I think of you all the time, and even have the view from your first room window on my computer. You are amazing and will be an even stronger person when this is all over and you are running around helping everyone run their lives again. I love you! Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary please remember that only special people like yourself can push through and achieve greatness. That is you!! I believe in you and I know that there is nothing you and your family can't do together. Faith, Family, and Freinds. Forever!! Misss you Donna and Doug And your Nautilus Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today, Mary. In prayer that the side effects will cease. Stay strong!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mary,
    I've been thinking about you a lot - forgive me for not posting any comments. You have been on my mind so much. I am glad to hear that your day was uneventful. :) That's a good thing, right? Bre, you're back! Good to hear from you. It's great to see that you have decorated your blog for Christmas. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,

    You are SPECIAL and STRONG and AMAZING. Praying for little to no side effects for you!
    Have a good night and I wish you restful night of sleep.

    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete