Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday.

Another quick update to let you all know that my mom has not started the chemo treatment yet. I guess you would say that it's a pretty "delicate" decision due to the pneumonia; and because she does still have a few good fighting cells in her, they want to get the pneumonia as "better" as they can get it before they start the chemo.  Again...the chemo will take away all the bad leukemia......but it will also take all the good fighting stuff with it too, and this pneumonia can kick back into gear much faster and more aggressive if there is nothing there to fight it with.  The tests have yet to determine the type of pneumonia it is - no "fungal" pieces of this puzzle have yet to come out in the lab but the meds they put my mom on seem to be working, so......we are waiting for the go ahead. It's important that you all understand the seriousness of this situation and again, we thank you for the prayers and love because she really feels them and it!
Prayers for strength & endurance.
Prayers for her mental state - gearing herself up for treatment.
Prayers for the combination of meds they will be using and for her body to withstand it all better than they would expect it to.
Prayers for her nausea (from all the meds she's on) and because it will get worse with the chemo.
Prayers for the doctors determining the next steps.
Prayers for us here as we urge her on.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!



5 comments:

  1. My prayers go out to Mary as she is a lovely lady.She has a warm personality. I hope everything goes well for her and I am sending her my best wishes for a speedy recovery at this time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Mary and praying for all of you who are loving on her each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been praying for you Mary!! You have always had such a special place in my heart!! As I was looking at wedding pictures on our anniversary I was thinking about you and how much it meant to me that you were able to come, it truly was one of the highlights of the day for me (besides getting to marry my husband of course!)
    You really are an amazing woman and I pray someday I can be half the woman, wife, and mother you are!! Your strength is remarkable and inspiring!! I hope you can see even just a glimpse of how much your faith and strength is touching people's lives and helping them through hard times.
    I wish I could come to the hospital but I'm always afraid to be there because I'm afraid I might get you sick with something I could be carrying from working in healthcare but please know that I want to! I'm praying God gives you strength even greater than you've had before and you feel even more love, encouragement, and support as well!! You are AMAZING!!! Love you!!! <3 Smash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, starting the day by pleading that the Lord of heaven and earth will rain down His mercy on you and your family this day.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, starting the day by pleading that the Lord of heaven and earth will rain down His mercy on you and your family this day.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete