Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mary!

Tomorrow is a very special day in the Provance household.  It is Mary's birthday! 

As many of you can imagine, it has been difficult to come across the right words to say and write as we make our way through this journey as a family.  Each day there are different emotions spilling through; however, I can say (as the outlaw) that I have been so blessed by watching everyone unite. 

If we wrote the full exposed truth in this blog you would be shocked because the truth is hard and scary and sad and frustrating.  Somehow, through all of this, the Provance family has shown grace and love and committment to one another.  I know where that comes from and where it starts.  It comes from our faith in God.  It starts at the top, in a family, with a mom and dad who teach their children what that means and how we display that faith to others.  I was thinking a lot about that this morning.  As Mary's birthday approaches, I was thinking about some of my favorite Mary things.  One of the top on the list is the way she and Greg taught her children to love.  Isn't that one of God's commandments? 

John 13:34 says "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another.

I don't know how she did it and yes I do plan on asking her, but she and Greg molded children that genuinely love and support each other and their families above all else.  There are certainly moments of frustration that take place in the Provance household.  We are not unique in that respect.  However, we work hard to communicate, apologize, and forgive.  Our goal, at the end of the day, is love.

So, today, as we turn a new page to Mary's birthday, I want to call you all to love.  You can start by sending a note to Mary and letting her know you are thinking of her on her special day!  She is currently battling a fever and would really love if you all could pray that all away!

XO Bre

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mary, think of you many times daily & Praying for you. Hope you have a great Birthday with all the lives of your life !! �� �� ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn auto correct....loves of your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, Happy Birthday Wishes! I think of and pray for you often. It is a privilege to be a part of such a wonderful christian family. I love you dearly. May God bless you and keep you, Amen.
    Peter Williamson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, you are in my thoughts and prayers every day and your birthday also. xox
    Happy and Blessed birthday to you! Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think of you often and smile each time I'm reminded of how your loving spirit lights up a room. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and are surrounded by all you love.
    Your cousin, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Mary....First of all, I command that fever to come out of your body, in the Powerful Name of Jesus Christ!!!! Now that that is done...I pray you enjoy the celebration of your birthday this day with those you love. YOU ARE TO BE CELEBRATED, Mary! Just for the simple pleasure of being you....loving, kind, beautiful both inside and out, a good friend, the best Mother, and an even BETTER Grandma, and a Child of the King! As I sit here typing, I am singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I hope you enjoy it! LOVE TO YOU.....
    Laurie Pfeifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Mary. Hope you have a wonderful day with your family surrounding you. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well we wish you a wonderful birthday,and joy being with your family!! We hope this dy is filled with joy ,love and lots of birthday cheer!! Love ya Jerry&kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to you Mary! Prayers and hugs to you on your special day! Love and hugs to you! Love, Lou Ann Olson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I forgot that you share a birthday with our Erica. I hope you had a wonderful day! Praying for you each and every day. Happy one-day-late birthday!

    ReplyDelete