Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday

Hi there.  Thanks so much for checking in on our Mom.

I'm currently up in Chicago visiting Mom today.  Mom is rocking Cartlan to sleep right now :)  Julie is here, too, and is celebrating her 30th birthday! 

Mom's blood counts have shown a tiny bit of movement today and we're happy to hear that.  Her fevers are also getting less frequent and are lower grade.  Most often her temperature is normal range which helps her to feel much better throughout the day.  She feels okay right now, just doesn't have much of an appetite which makes her have less energy.  She looks good and is smiling as we catch up.  It's great to see her and always makes me feel better.

A doctor from the team came in this afternoon to talk with us about what's next.  They do not have a definite course of action at this point because they need her counts to come back stronger in order to tell what's going on in her blood.  He discussed a few options they may take once they can tell if the cancer is gone or is still present.  I won't go into the details of those plans because there's a lot to explain.  It's possible that Mom will be able to come home sometime next week once her counts come back up and she's healthy enough.

For now we ask that you would continue to pray for her blood counts to come back healthy and that she gets rid of the fevers for good.  We are trusting God in this journey and will praise Him for carrying each one of us through.

Dad shared his "verse of the day"...Romans 12:12-
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  We pray each one of you is encouraged today by this verse.

2 comments:

  1. Love you all!!!! I'm so happy to hear you are
    feeling a little better. I'm still praying for
    you and always will be. Hope you had a nice day,
    hope tomorrow is even better. I'll see you soon!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mar, I am glad to read all of the updates... it is so hard not being there like I was the last time. I like playing nurse... I may have missed my calling. :)

    The kids and I talk about you and pray for you each day. They are ready for you to be home and the pool to open for business. :) I promised them that it would be open in July when we are there with the newest addition.

    I love that Adam is able to be with you this weekend. I hope that you have a great visit. He has alot of strength that I lean on often. We are all behind you... I was thinking about something the other day that Adam and I wrote in our vows so I went to dig it out of my jewelry box... I will kneel beside you when you need to pray. I will crawl with you when you can't get up. I will lie beside you when you need to be held. I know there are so many there doing this for you, but know that even from far away we are doing it too. Up or down, good or bad, crying or strong, we are with you. Love you.

    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete