Thursday, February 11, 2010

We love good news

My mom is doing SO well these past few weeks :) She's getting around much more, is feeling better each day, and they keep decreasing her meds. Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow!

She had her weekly doctor's appointment at Northwestern and her doctor was very pleased. Last week they decreased her anti-rejection meds (immune suppression meds) in half in order to determine why her blood count has continued to go down slowly. At this point they're pretty sure it's because of Joe's (the donor) blood type being different than my mom's. This causes them to fight a bit to take over, which Joe's will fully take over at some point. Since my mom checked out well again today they are now deciding whether to decrease the anti-rejection meds again or to stop them completely. This means she's doing really well. My mom said the doctor seemed really happy that her platelet count keeps going up, so this must be an important factor that we don't fully understand.

Mom did get more blood today, and may have to again in the future, but things are looking great. Mom is also excited about making the journey with Amy and kids down to Bloomington tomorrow to visit me and Julie :) Our mom hasn't been down to Bloomington since last summer! It's been way too long and we're so glad she's up for a day with the girls!! It was even her idea!

Thanks for your continued prayers. We also pray that you're all doing well and enjoying God's many blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This brings tears to my eyes. How awesome God is. You know, the valleys really stink, but when you come out of them and can look back at what God brought you through, His love and mercy are overwhelming. I hope your day is wonderful tomorrow. I know you will enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo happy you're feeling well again. Hope to see you soon. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an incredible woman!! I am so glad that you are able to get off some of the meds - plus side-effects of some of those are not much fun, I bet. I hope you had a great time with the girls in Bloomington - just three more hours and you could have been in my family room!!! It's great to know that our prayers are being answered for you Mary.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete