Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good Week

Hello again! I just got off the phone with my mom. She had an appointment with her new doctor today up at Northwestern. Her original doctor, Olga, had a baby a couple weeks ago and is now on maternity leave. Mom's new doctor, Jessica Altman, will be with my mom for the rest of this year. Mom was so pleasantly surprised with Dr. Altman. She said she was delightful, caring, and just as intense as Olga!

The doctor said that everything in mom's blood is looking good. If you remember, they took a bone marrow last Friday to see if there was anything wrong to try and determine why mom's white blood cell count wasn't coming up (but then it came up on Saturday). Well, the results of that bone marrow were inconclusive. The doctor said that they shouldn't have done the bone marrow at that time because of a shot mom had received a few days before (which was supposed to increase white blood cell production). The bone marrow may have shown signs of immature cells (not good), but this could be because of the shot. That's why they have to wait another week and test the bone marrow again. So please be praying that the bone marrow test next Thursday comes back clean, and we have the green light to schedule the stem cell transplant!

Mom has been feeling good this week. She's enjoying (VERY MUCH) being home! The doctor told her to be as active as she can over the next week. They want this period at home to make my mom strong, ready to fight the next battle.

Adam, Bre and their kids will in from Pennsylvania this weekend along with Cory and I, Julie, David (of course since he lives in mom's basement), and Amy and Brian are always around with their kids! We'll definitely keep her and dad busy!

As always, please continue to pray. We can't thank you enough for your love and support :)

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely, we will be praying for you, Mary. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at home. I bet it was nice to go in and out of Northwestern all in one day. :) So, just stay as active as you can. How about this: just try keeping up with all of those little ones whom you love so very much!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great medicine....the kids, grandkids and family!! What a blessing. I'm sure there are smiles by all! Thanks for the direction to pray in next. God is in control. So thankful for that! Love and hugs Mary, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, You're getting to see the nicest weather we've had in a month. Maybe November will be more like October. I can't imagine how great it is to be home and in your own bed after that much time away. We are not forgetting to pray every day for your full recovery! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mary what a great and blesses week to be out and about in this beautiful fall wheather. We don't stop praying for you or your family. we keep you in our thoughts and prayer daily....I want to take pictures from the gym and bring them to you. Take care get your rest and strength
    Big Hugs... Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I'm hoping that you are enjoying your time at home and getting stronger every day. Praying that your bone marrow test comes back clean. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I'm so glad to hear the good news. We'll be praying for a great report from Thursday's test. We'll all be praying for you tonight at Bible Study, too. Our family has had more than it's share of flu, so I'm postponing my visit. But, I did want you to know we continue to think of you and pray. Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete